Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Power of Positive Gardening

Day One

Actually it's more like day 5 but I will catch y'all up. I got the riding mower charged and started last week and the blades were set at the lowest level so I went into the back yard and 'shaved' the grass down where I wanted my garden to be. When MDS came over he said it wasn't big enough, so I doubled it. Remember that for later!

On this last Sunday, my ex (MDS's father) let us borrow his tiller and edger and we took full advantage of the nicest weather lower Michigan has had this year. We tilled, we stripped sod, we raked and we hoed. Yes, you can sunburn this early in the year. I think I will be taking advantage of the herbal goo I got on Etsy from
Tamarasherbes for aches and pains a lot.

We didn't expect any rain for a few days so on Monday I let the garden dry a bit so it will be easier to get the root systems raked out of the soil. I decided to mow the front yard and now that I know how to adjust the height of the mower bed, I did. I got my stakes and string together and did some spring cleaning in the house. I have pretty much abandoned my crafting while I get things going outside.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! all rain and some snow, here in Eugene now more rain. Its all so good.

    Have a bountiful harvest!

    Blessings
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete