Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I just don't know what to do

I worked one day last year for an agency that was handing out promotional material. I still have not been paid for that days work. They say they sent a check, I think they are lying. They won't send another check and put tracking on it which is all I asked them to do. It has been 4 and a half months and when I sent an email to the company saying that I was going to contact a lawyer and the better business bureau, this is what they wrote back. (note the bad grammar). Is this shady or what? It seems that they are just trying to get me to stop bugging them for my check.

Contact whoever you want. We gave you options and that's all we can do. We mailed your check and once we put it in the mail, it is out of our hands. You can either choose one of the options that Mae gave you or you can sit back and wait for the check we sent arrives.
Also, please note, we have saved your email and don't take threats lightly... be careful of who you make threats to.....

3 comments:

  1. your poll doesn't leave much room for variation... yes, i think it's a threat of sorts, but not an inappropriate one. do what you need to do and screw them if they can't be polite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geebus they're shady.
    they can call their bank and see that the check was never deposited or cashed.

    dorks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact the Labor Relations Board. Seriously. They have an obligation to make sure you get paid, their obligation doesn't "end" with dropping the check in the mail. They're trying to intimidate you.

    ReplyDelete