Thursday, January 12, 2012

All over again

Well the barricades are down but the tomfoolery continues.  I went down to the park Wednesday  with my cart full of knitting supplies and my chair ready to resume my activities in the park and I was told that there is a rule against chairs in the park.  Are you kidding me?  This has been settled.  The lawyers told me there is no such rule.  Well the "green shirts" persisted and after over an hour of talking and nagging, they finally convinced the police to try to get me to move out of the park.  What a scene.  There were occupiers, press, security and cops all over me. Me who was just sitting there knitting and teaching a young lady how to make an i-cord.  No one was able to show me the "rule" but under threat of being arrested for "trespassing"  I moved my chair a whole 12 feet onto the sidewalk and out of the "public" park.   I found this video on twitter this morning.  I hope there will be clarification on this matter very soon.  When I go downtown with my cart and chair, it takes me about an hour to get there because I have to find the very few subway stations that have elevators and then walk much longer to get to where I want to go.   Once again the lawyers have been called, waiting to see what happens now.

No comments:

Post a Comment