Monday, May 19, 2008

Emagine if you could get your moneys worth

I am using a different color today because what happened last night made me see red.
My son took me to a movie. That part was good.
We went to the Emagine theater in Novi, Mi. That was bad.
We saw the movie "Iron Man". That was good, very good.
He paid 30 dollars for 2 tickets. That was bad, very bad.

Here is the story. We got to the theater and I looked around the ticket booth to see what it cost per ticket because I had not seen a movie in a theater for about 4 years. There were no signs or indications what it cost, not a good thing. MDS asked for 2 tickets to the 8:40 show and the agent said, 18 dollars. Okay, right along the lines I expected. Then when he rang it up, the register said 30 dollars. Well, we questioned that of course and the blond guy behind the counter said, oh, that movie is in the luxury theater and you get a 6 dollar voucher for refreshments added to the cost of the ticket.

When you go to the refreshment stand to get the stuff you didn't even want in the first place, if you don't spend the whole 6 dollars, they don't give you the change. I think that sounds illegal.

Now we get to the theater with the special seating and the tables in between the seats to put the drink you didn't want and the "usher" tries to tell us where to sit. There is assigned seating! First, let me say that it was not crowded, there were about 8 other people there in the whole place. My eyesight is not the greatest and we wanted to sit near the front. When the usher gave us a hard time I said that considering the movie was going to start in about 2 minutes, if anyone showed up and wanted our seats I would happily give them up and we proceeded to sit where we wanted to.

Well we did enjoy the movie (if you see it, wait to leave till after the credits roll, there is a surprise) but it would have been a more enjoyable experience if not for the shady business practices and rude people we had to deal with there. I will not see a movie there again if you paid me.

No comments:

Post a Comment